We are looking for families or individuals who are interested in sharing a community based on principles of Christian living, natural sustainability, and an organic locally grown diet. All residents must have a strong passion and level of respect in these areas, so that we can all strive together toward the same without encountering conflicts along the way. The initial goal is to build a castle large enough to be shared by all families in the community, yet with sufficiently separate quarters (east and west of each level) for every family to have their own privacy and space.
Much of the ground floor will be shared by the community, including: a dining hall, music room, home school classes, a Great Kitchen, a recreation area, a study/library, exercise rooms (for each gender), and so forth. A central wide winding staircase will split each level into east and west on all three stories, so that two families can live separately on each floor. There will be two levels below the ground floor (subterranean), which will also serve as living quarters (east/west) and which would each additionally contain a large gathering room and survival storage supply room to be utilized by all of the community (in the case of an extreme emergency situation). These sub-levels will be well fortified to withstand most any natural disaster and to sustain the life of the entire community for a one year period.
While a castle may be more reminiscent of a Medieval time period, we still plan to utilize some modern methods of building (to the extent that it does not prove harmful to the health of any residents). In other words, while we will strive to use only the most natural of materials throughout, there are some modern inventions we will want to make use of as well: solar panel energy, wind/turbine energy, air-to-water generation technologies, air filtration, water filtration, water pumps, plumbing, in-floor water pipe heating system, and so on. We will also enjoy large fire places throughout the castle, but you never know when the carbon police may come cracking their whip...so it is best to have alternative heating sources as well.
As far as the outside of the castle...approximately 8 acres of wooded untouched mountain land, to be enclosed roundabout with 8 foot tall stone walls, surrounded by pristine waterfall streams (east and west), only awaiting us to add a courtyard, flower gardens, secret gardens, vegetable gardens, orchards, romantic trails, and the like. The land has already been purchased and is ready to build upon. The streams are beautiful and there are already amazing natural trails leading right up to the building site. Now we just need those individuals and families ready to build their castle dream as well as to share this experience with a community of like heart and mind. Much of what has been described so far is, of course, a reflection of my own ideals...but we look forward to finding others who can
help shape this community into something even better.
We encourage everyone to have fun with the whole Medieval theme that comes with living in most any castle, such as this, and in whatever ways you wish (period dress, banquets, architecture, etc)...as long as we don't turn into some kind of all out Renaissance Fair with shabbily armored men beating each other using stick swords out in the courtyard. No kings, queens, or barbarians either please. I rather prefer to exemplify the better aspects of living during these periods in history and meld that with the positive advancements of modern times. I really feel like that would be the kind of community I would most like myself, my wife, and my children to be a part of. I hope to find many of you who feel the same and are willing to do something about it.
For more information about those things closest to our hearts and central in our beliefs/world view, I would highly recommend visiting the following website (http://www.spiritledintimacy.com) and checking out a book I've written named "Spirit Led Intimacy- How To Have A Marriage Bed Made In Heaven." This book actually covers a broad spectrum of those convictions core to our lives and which it is vital to at least share mutual respect for in the community. I'll provide a free downloadable copy of it to anyone who wishes to look into being a part of this community.
The Community so far:
1) Christian (The Bible is Word of God, women dress modestly, marriage is honored)
2) Natural/Organic diet (80%+ of food grown, stored, and pastured on-site).
3) Natural and sustainable living (including building materials) with a reasonable desire to avoid exposing the community or ourselves to toxic chemicals.
4) Energy via solar and wind/turbine technologies. Grid power is available as well.
5) Water supply via either natural well or humidity water generating unit.
6) Little to no alcohol...less instability. NO SMOKING.
7) Looking for 8-10 family (possibly individual) investors of $10,000 each, who will be an active member of the community.
8) We will strive to be debt free and will help each other to stay that way.
9) Sharing of all work, education, and some meals...each according to their ability.
10) No public school. All home schooling to be done in the community.
Specifics of Living Space (Virginia):
1) Five acre (200,000 sq ft) castle structure with 10 separate living quarters. 40,000 sq ft per floor.
2) 19000 sq ft living space for each family. 10,000 sq ft sharing living area: Great Hall, Main Kitchen, Community Meeting area, 2 Classrooms (age 5-8 and age 9-12), Crafts Room, Music Room, Play Room, Exercise Room (separate for women and men), Computer
Room, and so forth.
3) Three floors above and 2 below. First two floors (below) will be constructed first.
4) Below ground green houses (aquaponics) and above ground bio domes for growing organic crops. Also...flower gardens, fruit orchards, and vegetable gardens will be grown on the land.
5) Property is 10 acres, located amidst a heavily wooded (Jefferson National Forest) area, with fresh water streams throughout. It's the most beautiful natural landscape I've personally ever seen. The air is fresh and the water is pristine.
Community location is placed at the center of the zip/postal code, city/state, or city/country (not based on street addresses)