Three Groves Ecovillage is an organization of local people seeking to build and reside in an environmentally and socially sustainable neighborhood. We will break ground in Fall 2013!
We have land in London Grove Township, on the south edge of West Grove PA, and intend to build a LEED-certified Platinum ecovillage neighborhood in partnership with nationally-recognized green building developers & architects.
What is Three Groves Ecovillage offering?
* A fantastic location on 7.5 acres across the street from the planned London Grove Community Park. Downtown West Grove and the SCCOOT bus stop are within walking distance.
* 37 individually-owned, complete units with 1, 2, 3, or 4 bedrooms at prices competitive in the local market.
* Ultra energy efficient, environmentally-sensitive buildings and site design that preserves the land's natural beauty.
* Durable and quality construction using recycled and/or low/no-VOC materials.
* Net-zero energy. On-site solar electric and geothermal systems will provide all electric, heating and cooling needs, resulting in no utility bills for energy over the course of the year.
* An inter-generational, friendly atmosphere that is safe for children and conducive to visiting with neighbors.
* A large Common House, for optional shared meals and other activities.
* A pedestrian village that is clustered around walkways and the common house, with cars parked on the periphery of the site for safety and to maintain open spaces for nature and recreation.
* Lower water bills due to water efficient appliances and other water technologies.