Based in Brisbane, Australia, CLA seeks to build a community in which everyone supports, affirms, and values people with an intellectual disability.
To this end, we support a number of community projects and intentional groupings, including:
• 'Village Housing’: A housing organisation that seeks to house people with and without intellectual disability in equal numbers.
• 'Community Living Program': A service dedicated to supporting individuals with intellectual disablity, to find a valued place in their community.
• Nundah Community Enteprises Co-Operative (N.C.E.C): An independent cooperative established by CLA to employ people with and without intellectual disability. N.C.E.C. runs a Cafe and a Parks and Maintenence business.
• Independent Youth Housing Group: Another independent cooperative managed by and for people with intellectual disability with the primary purpose of housing members with intellectual disability.
• Saving For Something Special: A microfinance group who support each other through relationships and a bonus interest scheme to save toward a specified goal.
There are a number of opportunities, paid, unpaid, and voluntary, for involvement within CLA. Low-cost accommodation is sometimes also available in return for community participation. Dwellings are mostly units and located in a suburban setting. For more information on what is currently available, please email us.