We are creating a vibrant and beautiful Yoga Eco-Village on Salt spring Island, B.C. where people can live healthy happy and fulfilling lives.
Our community is a place where people can live in beautiful environmental homes, among magnificent gardens with neighbors who share similar values.
We see Yoga Eco-village as a pedestrian oriented community of 80-100 people that practice; organic fruit and vegetable farming, yoga, sustainable building, and running ethical businesses.
We believe in creating a lifestyle that meets our social, economic, physical, and spiritual needs.
* Working together in a spirit of harmony to serve each other and humanity.
* Ethical business: Making and using money for the benefit of society.
* Sustainability in building, agriculture, energy, transportation.
* Practical egalitarianism: Striving for equality while being results oriented.
* Collective ownership: We are shareholders in our community and businesses.
* Service: Selfless work for the greater good of the community.
* Universal spirituality: Yogic, eastern, Buddhist philosophies.
* To invest all of our money, intelligence and heart to achieve our vision.
A community that is run for the benefit of all of its citizens.
Through daily living and service to each other we are creating and environment that encourages personal growth on all levels.
We believe in building beautiful, environmental, and long lasting houses as naturally as possible.
Our primary goal will be to grow the most healthy, nutritious, delicious and mineral rich food possible. We will grow 100% fruit, nuts and vegetables to nourish our community.
The community leans toward a vegan diet, however a person is free to eat as they choose at their own home provided it does not interfere with others quality of life.
We have chosen to use and incorporated company as the best way to hold, manage, and distribute our collective wealth.
* We own the company as shareholders.
* The company owns the village.
* We rent our homes from the company. (Ourselves)
* Our shares provide us with “benefits” and dividends for life.
* We work for the company (optional).
* The company provides us with the lifestyle we desire.
* Shares can be earned and/or purchased.
* Finances of individuals and the community are independent.
Go to www.YogaEcoVillage.com for more info