Vision Statement (4/3/10):
We are a family of friends creating a community dedicated to caring for the Earth and its inhabitants by learning, practicing, and demonstrating the skills for ecological sustainability and a nurturing society.
Mission Statement (4/3/10):
Our community is cultivating a close relationship with the Earth through low-energy living, permaculture, natural building, and continual waste reduction.
We create community by valuing close, respectful relationships, using consensus decision making and resource sharing.
We support each otherís well-being and are creating a self-supportive, local economy, where we live and work cooperatively.
List of General Agreements (5/28/06):
- House clustering
- Natural building and retrofitting of existing structures
- We respect children, families, and parents
- Energy needs must follow a set of core principles
- We will have some community-shared buildings
- There will be no dietary restrictions (except no humans)
- Respecting of all spiritual and secular beliefs
- CSA on property
- Prefer to be five miles from a town
- Sustainable horticulture and agriculture
- Cooperative ownership of land and housing with oversight from the community on sustainability practices
- Shared meals
- Community composting
- A learning center in the ecovillage
- Resource sharing
- Ecological water use (grey water recycling, and no septic or sewer systems)
- Continual waste reduction
- Pedestrian walkway with a parking lot on the outskirts of the community
- Car cooperative of biodiesel and grease vehicles
- Composting toilets
- Members will contribute the minimum number of community labor hours
- We will evolve into a network of local ecological communities